Thursday, October 20, 2005

Sometimes I Wish People Had Tails

Have you ever know a cat to tell you a lie? A goat to talk behind your back. Never, it doesn't happen it can't, you know why because animals can't lie. They can't because they have tails and tails have their own lie and emotion detectors built in and there is no way to get around them. If people had tails then you would know exactly what they were thinking, what their mood is. There is no way they could hide how they are feeling. A tail is also very functional, it is almost like that third arm that every mother wishes she had. Almost every day I drive past a farm with some beautiful horses residing on it and I always notice their tails. As the flies and other insects buzz around them they just swat them away with their tails, with little effort the little pest is shooed away. Imagine it, when your kids are bugging you in the checkout line at the supermarket, reaching for the little candies that are placed directly in their line of vision,you just give them a little brush with your tail and you don't even miss a beat while placing your items on the checkout belt. You always know if a dog is happy or sad don't you? Wouldn't it be great if you could walk into a room full of people at a party and immediately you know what kind of mood they are in. If their tails are wagging then you know things are going good, you want to hang with the waggers. Stay away from the ones with tails tucked between their legs, those are the people who are void of any personality most likely telling the same stories they told 20 years ago, if you get stuck with that group you might want to consider turning around and high tailing it out of there. (pardon the pun) Trust the tail, it never lies, it can't, it has a mind of it's own!

2 Comments:

Blogger Moonpie said...

My friend and I, sometimes discuss the tail issue. We like to work out what sort of tails would suit people, shes would have a squirrel's tail, for example. I think I would have a dog's, though I'd quite like a rabbit's! What sort would you have?

10/21/2005 12:58 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Just as I wear many hats in my real life I suppose I would have different tails for different moods but I do lean toward the horse tail myself, beautiful and funcitonal.

10/21/2005 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home