Monday, October 31, 2005

This is a work in progress, I am a work in progress!

Do I know you? In my heart I know I do. An instant attraction, I am sure you felt it too. Passion, fear, insecurity and strength; these attributes feed your essence, making you the man you are. You make love with your mind and your heart not only your manhood.

A picture tells a story; maybe it is just an illusion. There is a vulnerability to exposing oneself, so I protect myself by not allowing the real me to be seen, the price I paid for disillusion is exorbitant. Only in person will our senses bear witness, if it is meant to be then touch, smell, sight, taste and sound will be our beacon.

We are like two horses roaming in separate pastures blocked from being together by the fences of reality. I long to roam the great expanse by your side, exploring everything the world has to offer, together.

We are so different, yet in many ways quite the same. With humor, love, touch and openness I believe I can sustain your soul. I want to feed your soul, to build you up, never tearing you down. I need, I want someone with the ability to love me, yet allow me to grow and find my way on my own, are you that person, can you be that person?

I thought I would be somewhere totally different at this juncture of my life, how can I have so much to ground me and still be so confused, want so much more. If only we started out old with all the knowledge and hindsight all ready in place and grow younger. Then we could use all the information given to us along with the vitality of youth to make a better life for ourselves, if only I felt then what I feel now.

Life is a jigsaw puzzle and mine has a few pieces missing.

3 Comments:

Blogger JoeBoy said...

You write very well. I wish I was as open as you. I am working on it.

10/31/2005 9:24 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Thank you again! To me this particular passage screams confusion! It is just me wandering around with a blindfold on reaching out touching different things trying to figure out the right way to go, most likely teetering on the edge of a precipice. My mind is quite open, unfortunately my heart is not.

11/01/2005 9:21 AM  
Blogger Kid Ric said...

Very nice. Thank you. You will find all the pieces in time I am sure.

PLL

11/12/2005 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home