Monday, May 15, 2006

Untrue

When I speak
the words I say are true.
When I weep
the tears are spilled for you.

From we to me
Some pieces gone.
Can I fill the void
will life go on?

I only lie to myself
The reason isn't me
Nothing to do but move on
Forced to accept responsibility

Choosing to live with my senses on hold
The painful echo in my empty soul
The tastes of life should never grow old
Can I reclaim the innocence you stole?

My heart will grow, this ache will disappear
I will survive nothing else to do
I smile and laugh I hide my fear
The price I pay when you're untrue.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alecia said...

Oh girlfriend - I've been there! We learn, we grow, we move on - writing helps to try and make sense of things. I just linked you on my blog - hope to check in here more often! Be well!

5/15/2006 3:33 PM  
Blogger PTfan said...

Very poetic. Yes, you will prevail!

We DO need to get together again soon! Give me a call! : )

5/15/2006 3:39 PM  
Blogger Vallypee said...

Hey Meg, this doean't sound like our cheerful optimist? Are you going through a tough time there? Sounds hard, dear, but I'm thinking of you.
Be strong, you are great.
Take good care of yourself
Love
Val

5/15/2006 4:43 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Oh Meg. :-(
I can feel your hurt in what you write. Fuck!
A few years ago I had a really bad psychologist give me some great advice. He said that sometimes faking it is the best way to get through those times when you feel empty and hurt. He made me think of "Fake it" from Psychoderelict. You'll push through to the other side. I know it.

Jeff

5/15/2006 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home