Thursday, February 16, 2006

You know in some strange, unexplainable way you must really have something jumping, thumping, fighting, hiding away; important to say!

In one day I have so many random thoughts about random things it is truly a wonder that I get anything accomplished. Here is a sample of how randomly I thought today.

I woke up this morning, just like every other morning. Well, no actually this one was a tad bit easier as the kids were off from school. I got my little ones up so they could get ready to go to daycare, I still had to work. As I brushed my teeth I noticed either a Volkswagen Beetle parked on my forehead or a very large pimple. In England they call these things spots, what a nice way to describe such an ugly thing. I couldn't call this a spot, it was undeniably a zit and on my forehead of all places who gets a huge zit on their forehead? Thank goodness it wasn't in the middle or if I closed my eyes I would have been mistaken for a cyclops! This all ties in with the fact that I am ovulating. Yes, I do know when I am ovulating, don't worry guy bloggers this isn't period talk. Then I started thinking about the ramifications of ovulation. Right now I have 1/2 the seed of life floating in my fallopian tube (not sure which one but if I had to bet the farm on it I would go with the left). Inside me at this moment I possess the ability to create another human life, introduce sperm to that egg and you have a baby in nine months. Well in my case about 8.5 months that is my average with the 4 kids I have. I am in no way saying I am yearning to have another child, it is just the fact that I can is what amazes me. The frailty of human life soaked in such simplicity blows me away. Sometimes that is very empowering and also frightening. This brings me to my cat,* she is knocked up! I knew I should have had "the talk" with her but she is young. I thought I had time. Now I am looking at several more mouths to feed and I don't really like cats all that much, I only rescued her because I felt sorry for her. I am a sucker for a cute face. Between my children and these animals they are going to suck the life right out of me. As a matter of fact, I am dehydrated. When people say I am flaky, they don't mean in the "she marches to the beat of a different druumer" way, they literally mean I am flaky. I don't understand it, I drink at least 4 bottles of water (which, by the way, in Philadelphia is pronounced wood-er) a day and I go through more lotion then an all boy boarding school! Maybe I am just shriveling up and well before my time I might add. I wonder if becoming a Pseudo Grandmother has anything to do with it? Now speaking of Grandmothers, I drive a Mini-van. Yes, I admit it I do. I have a 4X4 also but it is more practical and gas efficient to drive the van unless the weather is bad or I feel a little wild. I have noticed that under the hood of that mini van is a candy apple red Mustang with twin cam whosawhatsies that goes from 0 to 60 very quickly and corners like it is on rails. Oh yeah, it has a kick ass stereo too! There are days when I am all about piloting that Mustang and there are days when I am OK with driving a mini van. I suppose we all need those Mustang days don't we. Last but certainly not least the title of this post which comes from a Pete Townshend composition called Guitar and Pen from the album Who Are You, this song reminds me of so many things but I will only mention two (for time sake) first when I listen to this song I automatically get the picture of a Broadway show in my head and I love musical theater so it always makes me happy. When I listen to the words Pete so eloquently wrote I think of all the times I have quoted his angst filled wisdom. I quote him with pride and I do so again in the title of this post. Thank you Pete for letting me borrow your words they always seem to fit so well!

Even though these are random thoughts to me they really are important to say!

*I did consult a veterinarian about "fixing" the cat when I found her but he was concerned about her size and thought I should wait a little while before doing so, what a dope!

5 Comments:

Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Meg,
You are unique! When I get the occassional zit, I never think about ovulation, I think, "when will my pimples catch on that I am in mid-life"
I miss a baby 'round here too. But.....

Thank you for your comment on my blog. You are sweet. And I understand how you feel. I don't want to lose the "specialness" of the whole experience either.
My sister and my cousins are from the south jersey area, they say "wood-er" "chalk-late" and "c'moun you guys". They think they are soooo sophisticated. My sister, thank goodness, never really lost her central jersey twange. It is the most perfect accent, you know...he he he

Cats make me sneeze, but I am a sucker for a cute face too! Hope it all works out.

Now, never spend your guitar and your pen!

2/19/2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Megster,

My AOL email is on the fritz
this weekend so I thought I'd
get you this way.


>>>As I brushed my teeth I noticed either a Volkswagen Beetle parked on my forehead or a very large pimple<<<

Bwhahaha!!! Meg,that was hilarious!!I really enjoyed
reading your random ramblings.
I love the Philly accent.John
Entwistle's former photographer
and videographer Terry McBride
and member of Relayers is from
Philly and he's got the ultimate
accent.But then,I have heard a different kind of accent as well.
One that you describe fits Terry
but then there is a guy who worked
at my former workplace,he was a
chef named Johnny Fish and he
talked with almost a Brooklyn
type accent.Are there different
types of accents in Philly people?
I've heard differences in fellow
Bostonians and New Yorkers.

2/19/2006 6:31 PM  
Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

tHello Meg!
You had me laughing with this post...! Especially when you mentioned having "the talk" with your cat - inspired!

About the Convention, have you tried calling Bush Hall?
Tel +4420 8222 6933. I am going to try today.
I hope you can make it, I'd love to meet you :o)

xoxoxo
M

2/20/2006 5:56 AM  
Blogger Alecia said...

I really enjoyed reading your posts, lots of smiles. Thanks for the comment so I could find you...

"Then I started thinking about the ramifications of ovulation. Right now I have 1/2 the seed of life floating in my fallopian tube"

I feel the same way girl, only I always know which side is good to go! Judging by my mom's history I've got at least 10 more years of this! God must have a good sense of humor right? I'd be one of those people at 50 something having a baby!

This girl used to drive muscle cars (both of which had a license plate that read "WHO R YU") So I can relate to your fantasy. Since living in snow country I've become much more practical especially since having a baby on board. Give me a 40 MPG, all wheel drive vette and I'm all over it baby!

Me and my vette 1993

2/25/2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger PTfan said...

You said, "This brings me to my cat,* she is knocked up! I knew I should have had "the talk" with her but she is young. I thought I had time." And I totally cracked up!

Abotu the dry skin, I just tried somethign and I really like the results. I got teh idea from a commercial advertising this product. After I shower, BEFORE I towel dry, I put Johnson's baby oil on me. Then I gently pat dry with a towel. It works wonders and I really love the smell. one day I was in a hurry so I didn't take tim efor the oil, I just dried off, and I was irritated by dry itchy skin all day. So I can attest to it's usefulness. Give it a try!

I love how your train of thought in this post just keeps rumbling by. There's no stopping it! LOL

3/25/2006 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home