Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Am I Different?

This morning I was driving to work, I was traveling on a road that turns into a 4 lane highway, very busy during rush hour. (For all of you in SE Pennsylvania I was on Route 309) I was driving behind a young girl in a small blue car. I noticed (because she pulled out in front of me) that she had her rear view mirror turned down so she could see herself in the mirror instead of seeing behind her. She was applying her make-up and scrunching her hair. Never once did she correct the mirror nor did I see her take her eyes off of herself and I was behind her for about 4 miles!

I began thinking to myself, which one of us is crazy, me or her? I am a woman in every respect of the word but I really don't believe that I always think like a woman. My first reaction to seeing her drive like this was that I wanted to get out of the car and punch her. Then I thought to myself am I less of a woman then she is because I don't believe in reckless abandon for the sake of beauty? Maybe I just have more testosterone coursing through my veins, my appearance would contradict that as I am not excessively hairy nor do I have a very deep voice but I figure if I don't have the time to put on "my face" before I leave the house then it just ain't gonna get done!

I think what upsets me most about this young girl is if she did hit someone or people witnessed her applying makeup while driving then these people would go into work and discuss this bitches stupidity around the water cooler, they'd say things like "typical woman driver". I don't think she is the typical woman driver and by being so self centered she is setting women back many generations. What a pity!

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth A. said...

Hiya Meg~ just reading Rachel's blod and wanted to wish you all the best.....hope you are on your feet soon!

Sincerely~
Elizabeth A

12/09/2005 7:44 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth A. said...

Rachel's "BLOG" .....sorry, I am up early watching the snow......

12/09/2005 7:45 AM  
Blogger Depmodeche said...

Hi Meg!

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. You're quite the writer yourself, I see! And I see we're neighbors!

Thanks again,

Andrew

12/09/2005 11:40 AM  
Blogger Kid Ric said...

Pretty silly.

O.K. gentle it is!

Peace, love and light.

12/11/2005 12:04 PM  
Blogger Kid Ric said...

Thank you so much for attending the chat. See you Saturday?

Peace, love and light.

12/12/2005 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home